Thursday, January 28, 2010

Une belle histoire d'amour...

Came across this book almost by accident at the Philadelphia free library. And loved it. Author Erica Simone Turnipseed depicts the beautiful, complexities of...what else? Love. Simply Beautiful. Must read.

Photobucket

Excerpt:
Noire and I broke up yesterday. I feel fucked up about it, but it was the right thing. She felt it too. I was trying to just let things unfold but it became to hard somehow. And she was questioning whether my value system lines up with hers. I don't know if we've shot ourselves in the foot, getting caught up in such things. I mean, isn't happiness about enjoying the process of finding "the answers" rather than being paralyzed by the questions? Perhaps our obsession with both is the problem.

I think you've given me more credit than I deserve in rooting for this relationship with Noire. Her kind of loving is just so intense in ways that I can barely touch.

I don't know if I'm making a bit of sense right now. I just broke up with the most selflessly devoted woman I've ever dated in my life. I think I must be crazy.

 -Love Noire-By Erica Simone turnipseed; (pg. 298)

No comments:

Post a Comment